Yesterday I also dyed up a pot or two of teal items. I used Jacquard acid dye in the color Teal. I actually did end up doing 2 batches because I used too much dye.
I did a hot presoak in 6 quarts of water and 1.5 cups of vinegar. I soaked for about 10 minutes (ok it was probably a bit more because I was also washing the wool). The 1st batch contained: 2.5oz of a natural brown BFL roving, 1.13oz of Near Mear roving, 2.13oz of Lincoln roving, and 3.25oz of Coopworth roving.
Next I used a strainer and drained the vinegar water mix into my big 12 quart stainless steel pot. I turned the burner on to a 7 out of 10. Once the water was starting to simmer I added the whole 1/2oz jar of teal. I mixed it in well and then added the wool. I moved it around only enough to make sure it was all coated and freely floating. I turned it to low and pretty much left it for 30 min.
Of course the water was still heavy with dye because I used to much, which is were the 2nd batch came in. I poured the dye pot into the bucket I had used originally for the presoak with a strainer on top to catch the wool. Pour slowly, I got a bit impatient and sloshed it. Once the everything was in the bucket, I put the stainer into another bucket I have for dyeing. I poured the dye back into the pot and put it back on the stove to use again.
I filled the bucket up with hot water and then added 3 squirts of the Unicorn Power Scour. I added the wool and let it soak for 20 minutes. I rinsed by pouring out the bucket through the strainer, letting it drain and then refilling the bucket with fresh water. To the first rinse I added Unicorn Fiber rinse, 3 squirts. Then I added roving back into bucket. The first batch needed a lot of rinses. I really should have used less dye to begin with. All the other rinses were just plain lukewarm tap water.
After draining I rolled the individual rovings up inside a towel to get rid of the excess water and then sat them out to dry. Here is how they look this morning 1)BFL 2)Near Mear 3)Lincoln 4)Coopworth